Thursday, June 15, 2006

Red Hot Chili Peppers - 11.06.06

As usual a lesson about music to begin with...especially this time. Go buy John Frusciante solo records. Check him out on myspace and listen to a few of his songs: H-E-R-E .
Since you're at it... you may as well listen to some songs of my band as well ;) "."

That being said - last sunday I got to see Mr. Frusciante (picture) and the red hot chili peppers in Dortmund and it definately topped the first time I saw them. After 5 hours of waiting in hot sun and a sweaty crowd and after sitting through a horrible support rap-combo we finally got to see and listen to, what was one of the best shows ever. The stage was giant, 4 flying video screens that were changing positions behind the band and a huge LED screen covering the whole height and width of the venue.., projections on the ceiling, moving heads en masse and a nice blasting sound... what else can you ask for? After fighting some of the masses, which in general were pretty calm and cool, I could find a spot where I could see very well... still, I could have done that without waiting 5 hours... oh well. The setlist was the following - not that anyone cares..:

Intro Jam
Can't Stop
Dani California
Scar Tissue
Charlie
Otherside
21st Century
For Emily (John Solo)
Throw Away Your TV/Don't You Ever Leave
Snow (Hey Oh)
Me And My Friends
Stadium Arcadium
(London Calling)/Right On Time
Don't Forget Me
Tell Me Baby
Californication
What Is Soul
By The Way

Encore:
Drum Medley
Under The Bridge
You're Gonna Get Yours/Give It Away
Jam

The Jams were frickin awesome... just like the old days...
Definately worth the money and worth checkin out!

Internship.., right... not much going on as far as that's concerned. Blanc canvas, lots of childish doodles on it, but nothing anyone could care about. Went to Brussels, gave cigarrettes, water, food and my underwear (at least theoretically - fortunately nobody asked for that) to several bums, wrecked my feet by touring the city in frickin new leather shoes (what was I thinking?!). All that for what exactly? Well... 60 minute interview with a lady that told me some stuff bout the job, some stuff about her private life and quite frankly told me that the location for the internship, I forget what its called, but some city or should I say village? in the UK, will be as exciting as smelling Jimi Jendrix' accumulated cash flow statement for 2006. [I do realize this does not make any sense, thank you] - BIG TURN OFF. UK on its own was filling me with as much excitement as diharea, but some lame, boring city with fiveandthirty-ish inhabitants? Well thank you...
Bad news here is - no alternatives (...so far - like there's hope...). I keep sending out all this shit, but its not really getting me anywhere. All outstanding things are out there doing their thing but nothing's gettin back to me, so I sit here and I wonder how it'll turn out. Well, as usual I wrote a lil note in my calendar for December 24th... this time not so happy, but really...it seems like every year I do that and write something like "horray, christmas, hopefully this year will be over soon..." and by the time I reach that day the year turned out pretty well... so who knows maybe there IS hope. December 24th will tell...

Enough rambling really - PIF is waiting. If you dont know what that is... well drop to your knees this minute and praise the lord, mofo, because that sh*t f*cking s*cks b*tch... sorry...getting carried away yet again.

Have a good one... life's pretty good. Cheereo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home